Saturday, June 11, 2005

explore past

I love history and the stories of what happened in the past fascinate me. I wouldn't say I'm a history buff as I definitely don't remember details well but I an adventure I never forget. Most of my old books are in the genre of historical adventure: explorers of new lands , stories of ww2, safaris in Africa, paddling rivers, climbing mountains, etc. I also have a number of biographies of famous explorers, musicians, and leaders that are focused on the adventure of living out ones' calling!

The past teaches us much of what it means to live, to play, to embrace this life we've been graced with whatever the challenge at hand. Perseverance through storms, through tragedy, through adversity is what marks a person as an adventurer and hero. History teaches the importance of exploring play and finding significance in living out the life God has called us and equipped us to do!

Now my past year has had its own challenges, perhaps not life threatening but for it has been a learning one. I've managed a few escapes in the outdoors, the most recent to North Carolina, and gone through some trials of my own when it comes to managing time, work & family. Some scars remain but in many ways I feel stronger and wiser because of it. I've lost a grandmother to death last month but it was more of a celebration of her life than a mourning of our loss. I've grown closer to a number of friends and family, and I'm falling more and more in love with my wife and family! The adventure continues!

One year of blogging, of introspection, of learning! Feel free to visit musings - I placed a few comments there re: genesis.

G

No comments: