Thursday, June 30, 2005

Rain Rain Go Away!

Wow - apparently Manitoba now has a monsoon season which hopefully will subside shortly. We just experienced something like 96 mm (3.75 inches) of rain in the last 24 hours. Needless to say, my attempt at landscaping with topsoil seems to have halted. I actually had everything pretty much leveled and ready for sod and trees until the rains arrived. Now I'm going to have to wait for some dry weather, till or rake away any puddle indents or bootprints, and then hopefully get the grass down. If I'd only gotten the grass in - I would be a little happier!! Grand ambitions...

Anyways - so far this post is probably more appropriate for musings but I will be exploring play this weekend as I will once again be leading some teambuilding at Red Rock - a small Christian camp that my wife and I met at back in the nineties. I actually worked there for three consecutive springs & summers while going to college and then volunteered by leading a number of out-trips for them in consecutive years. It is probably one the most beautiful sites out there for a camp that I've seen and I've been to a lot of camps.

I'm considering pursuing a sideline business called Explore Play Inc. that will provide teambuilding & facilitation for anyone involved in leadership whether it is education, business, etc. We'll see what happens - I definitely enjoy the opportunities I have had over the years to lead initiatives and help people discover their strengths and weaknesses through challenges. I ran a seminar at CMU for people involved in (CACSD) Student Leadership last month and got an excellent response from the participants. And again this spring, I will be offering my Intro To Adventure Learning class to college students, camp workers, & youth workers.

Happy Canada Day tomorrow! Ironically - our fireworks have been canceled due the field where they fire them off from being flooded...apparently we'll be celebrating explosions in the sky later on in the summer as a city.

G

No comments: