Thursday, June 09, 2005

Drought Monsoon

Most third world countries have dry seasons and wet seasons. I guess you could say blogwise I've been in a bit of a drought while outdoors we've been experiencing a monsoon of rain. You'd think being stuck indoors would be enough reason to motivate me to blog but it seems without the outdoors to inspire me that I have nothing to say...interesting.

It is amazing how weather affects our play both indoors and outdoors. The last few weekends have allowed me to get more reading in but definitely unmotivated me from venturing outdoors. I've led so many out-trips where the weather definitely was a factor in group morale. My wife's first canoe trip had rain every day, thankfully she still enjoys canoing.

My sister in Africa emails often the prayer for rain - without rain the country of Ethiopia literally turns to dust and the people have no food as a result. We are fortunate in North America that are diets aren't affected by the weather to the same extent.

I for one will be thankful for the sun when it reappears supposedly this weekend! It's been two weeks of cloudy rainy weather - I think I can almost relate to my west coast friends!!!

G

1 comment:

Garth said...

Hmmm - the sun comes out and I've blogged three times in one day...very interesting!