Saturday, January 20, 2007

Saturday Ski!

Another awesome day for a ski in the Sandilands - Pat & I did the yellow loop and I think the temp was around -5 degrees Celsius - pretty much perfect. I had one close encounter with a tree after wiping out after getting caught in some deep tracks during one of my descents. The only casualty though apparently was my ski pole which handle came off the shaft while climbing the next hill. Nothing a glue gun can't fix apparently but it was a pain for the rest of the ski - definitely slowed my pace down and forced us to stop several times as I had to keep putting it back together. Next time we'll have some tape along - my old ski poles always had a bit of electric tape on them just in case!

2 comments:

Keira said...

It was an excellent weekend for skiiing . . . I went snowshoeing on Saturday but Sunday and today I broke out the cross country skis! Perfect weather . . . I hope it lasts!

Garth said...

Apparently it is supposed to cold tomorrow but I'm too sore to ski today - two hours of broom-ball became my workout instead...all in the name of community. It has been my tradition to play in every round of our annual college broom-ball tournament = whether I'm officially on the roster of the teams playing or not. Ironically, the team I was with made it to the final but we lost in a shoot out.