Sunday, January 14, 2007

Musing My Way Into 2007

To muse or to contemplate can be a very positive thing. It is something that I've found valuable in sorting my thoughts and in exploring new ideas. At the start of a new year, many people create new year's resolutions - goals & ideals that hopefully will be fulfilled in the months ahead.

I don't mind setting goals but I've never been one to do "the list." Perhaps I'm just too random and spontaneous to sit down and do that? I've identified in the past my mission statement and I have a list of implications for my marriage, family, work, etc. It is something that I paste on my wall and refer to but I can't help but live that out!

But my guess is - resolutions are simpler tasks to accomplish than to live out your calling like a mission. Stuff like: exercising more & watching what you eat? My resolution is simple: keep being me! What does that mean? I seek to be: inspiring, curious, & creative; adventurous; God-led; an explorer of play & new ideas; a traveler; enthusiastically outdoorsy; a voracious reader; a loving husband & father; passionate & authentic in all I do; and to be someone who lives without regret!
"We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery" - Samuel Smiles

"Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward" - Soren Kierkegaard


"Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate"
- Saint Thomas Aquinas

No comments: