Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Surviving Christmas

Well it seems I have mostly survived the whirlwind of gatherings this past weekend. Don't get me wrong I love getting together with family and friends but sometimes doing it all in a matter of 4 days just is a little intense! Add to that the stress of getting my marking done for end of last semester and just the busyness of this time of year. I'm longing for a bit of a sabbath and I suppose I'm going to get that next weekend in Wisconsin.

Here's some recent quotes I came across:
"An adventure is, by its nature, a thing that comes to us. It is a thing that chooses us, not a thing that we choose." - G. K. Chesterton

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." - Lao Tzu (I think this was my highschool grad theme)

"Pilgrims are poets who create by taking journeys." - Richard R. Niebuhr

"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis

"We write to know that we are not alone. Our journey informs our writing and our writing brings clarity to our journey." - J. S. Campbell
Why the quotes? I personally find that quotes help me stay focused on my own personal mission and goals. To have a thought and succinctly say it with clarity - deserves to be quoted! We are all on a journey of discovery, of exploring play if you will. Some of us unfortunately have stopped at a rest-stop and forgotten to keep traveling. Others of us are busy trying to decide where to go and can't quite decide. Blogging is a great way to realize that we are not alone and to bring clarity to the journey we are on.

Season's greetings and may Shalom be realized in your life this closing of 2005.

No comments: