Wednesday, December 28, 2005

New Year's Football

Hmm - why not take in a NFL game on Jan. 1, 2006? Great way to start the year methinks! Especially, when the two teams playing happen to be my favorite! Check out the dopesheet for the game. Green Bay Packers have been my team since way back in the early 90's (they won the Superbowl in 1997) and Favre continues to impress me despite a discouraging season this year. The way he handles adversity, injuries on the team, tragedies in his family and keeps the focus on doing his job just amazes me. The Seattle Seahawks are relatively new (1976) to the NFL compared to the Packers (1919 est. 1967 first Superbowl winner) but this season have finally pulled it together at look like Superbowl contenders with an amazing 13-2 record and have won their last 11 games. Whatever the outcome - I will be enjoying exploring play down in Green Bay, Wisconsin where it all began!

G

No comments: