Thursday, December 08, 2005

Random Quotes

"My secret is that I need God - that I am sick and can no longer make it alone. I need God to help me give, because I no longer seem to be capable of giving; to help me be kind, as I no longer seem capable of kindness, to help me to love, as I seem beyond being able to love." - Douglas Coupland, Life After God

"It's supposed to be a secular society, but I look around: everbody's religious. They're superstitous, they pray when they think they've got cancer. It's not that far below the surface. We've gone two hundred years since the Enlightenment, but science is starting to bow again." - Bono, Bono In Conversation

"Shalom is a state of right relationships - peace & well-being, the offshoots of right relationships & harmonious interactions between humans & creation." - Leonard Sweet, Out of the Question...Into The Mystery

"A pilgrimage is a physical travel to a spiritual destination." - Daniel Taylor, In Search of Sacred Places

"All music comes from God." - Johnny Cash

"Adults are obsolete children." - Dr. Suess

"Most people are bothered by those passages in Scripture which they cannot understand; but as for me, I always noticed that the passages in Scripture which trouble me most are those which I do understand." - Mark Twain

No comments: