Friday, March 30, 2007

Sandilands Escape

Yep - I decided to test fate and cruise out to the Sandilands to see if the trails were ready to be ridden. Last time I was here I was skiing! Oh here's a vid I did of xc skiiing. Getting back to biking in the Sandilands - I wasn't completely disappointed - yes there were some sections of snow but for the most part i could muscle my way through them. It just felt great being back in mtn biking paradise!

The snow was primarily on the north faces of the hills but everywhere else was actually quite do-able riding conditions - wet but definitely rideable.

I put on about 7kms according to my odometer - I still need to test it with other riders. So I decided once I got home that I'd put on a few more kms on my road bike while the weather held out. I did a short ride to Mitchell and back - bbq'ed some steak and had a wonderful supper with the family. The video below was shot with a hand-held point & shoot digital, lo-fi editing (eyespot online), but I think the results capture a moment well!

6 comments:

Keira said...

Here is what happened to me when I watched your video:
First, when the flippy-screen effect came on, it gave me seizures. Then the video footage made me seasick because of the bumpiness. Then the music kicked in and made me dance a little. (Okay, a lot.)
The flippy effect recurred and gave me another seizure (or . . . may have been part of the dance). Then the balloon thing made me laugh, and ultimately I ended up hungry.

Garth said...

Sorry - I guess I should give you the classic IMAX warning - if you should feel queazie at all during the film, simply close your eyes and the feeling of disorientation will go away momentarily. Balloon thing? Do you mean the Bumble Bee swing?

Garth said...

Oh and the steaks were pretty good - Cattleboy's BBQ sauce...perfect way to end the evening!

Jeremy said...

I didn't realize you could do that with Eyespot, even adding a soundtrack...pretty cool. Looked like you had some good fun exploring play out there, and practicing your one-handed riding.

Jeremy said...

Oh, and that bike looks freakin' awesome.

Garth said...

Hey and rides well too! I thought I'd really miss the extra inch of travel from my Trance but the Fox suspension is just so dang good! Really responsive & plush enough for the minor drops I encounter. It isn't a downhill rig but fast, light & maneuverable.