Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Fighting On

The battle continues...two weeks to go before exams. I fought some weird "tired-virus" this evening and slept from 7 till midnight, which means I'm wired now and I really should be sleeping. So yeah, I've been organizing my i-Tunes stuff and have come to realize what a music-addict I am. Those of you that know me well realize quickly I'm not a concrete sequential type of person, meaning I'm normally not very organized - I fit in the more concrete random/abstract random category of learning style. But for those things I am passionate about like music - I can be extremely wacky in organizing things in musical genres. Every music folder on my computer has an image attached to it, all the details of my mp3s are likewise cataloged, and the shelves of my CDs are alphabetized and ordered accordingly.

So back to my original battle - I love discovering new music & new artists to add to my eclectic ear. The latest "finds" include:
  • Joseph Arthur's Nuclear Daydream (why didn't I find his music when he first started out?)
  • Dolores O'riordan's Are You Listening? (Lead Singer of the 90's band The Cranberries)
  • Sonya Kitchell's Words Came Back To Me (Jazz/Folk - in the vein of Norah Jones)
  • Michael Stipe's version of Joseph Arthur's Into The Sun (This is simply one of the best fundraising single's ever! It definitely helps that he's teamed up with Chris Martin in the song - amazing harmony)
  • Stranger Than Fiction's soundtrack (Lots of Spoon!!!)
  • Joshua Radin's We Were Here (Zach Braff keeps finding me great music through his soundtrack's - The Last Kiss)
  • Cary Brother's EP Waiting For Letters (check out the song Ride - trippy, moving, up-in-the-clouds dripping)
  • John Mayer's Continuum (still spinning my CD player - helps that we're going to see him later this month thanx' to the Ross' invite)
  • God Is An Astronaut's EP - A Moment of Stillness (instrumental rock - if you like Explosions in the Sky or Sigur Ros)
  • Bob Evan's Suburban Songbook (check out You've Been On My Mind in particular - Folk Rock/Americana), and much more but hey it's like 2:30am and I have class in the morning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to see Joseph Arthur on your list. I have to give credit for that find to Shelli.
We also have, Come to Where I'm From and Our Shadows Will Remain
Great music, Creativity spills out of this guy
He's on Conan O Brian on the April 16th i think...

Garth said...

I guess I should give credit to you both then for that particular find...although I did come across Michael Stipe's of REM covering Joseph Arthur ironically a while ago.