Monday, April 23, 2007

Hard To Let Go

This whole professor-ing thing has some significant ties to parenting. Thankfully, my impact with my kids is more long-term but I have to admit that I had a much more difficult time this year letting go of my college students. Graduation is both a blessing & curse to a prof from my experience. Exciting to see students explore their future but it is tough to let go of them. Today - I sent off the teams I normally travel with on tour but I'm staying back from the trip for obvious reasons. Chelsea & I made a care package for them on Sunday night - complete with decorations! It turned out pretty amazing I have to say!

The school is sooo dead after they leave - I have a tough time being motivated to actually go there. I'd rather be where there is some action, some play, some life! Ahh...but many will return and I get to go through the cycle of teaching again! Seasons of education - right now the seeds are mostly aloft, some will find fertile ground and take root, others may wander for awhile until they find their place in this world...but it is encouraging and an honor to have been a part of the learning & hopefully growing experience for so many over these past five years.

No comments: