Thursday, March 08, 2007

Spring Just Around The Corner

We still have lots of snow but the melt will begin if the weather forecasted for this weekend holds. The clocks spring ahead on Sunday meaning more daylight for exploring play after work. Right now - I can hardly wait to get back into biking shape and it will take some effort as I wasn't able to maintain the exercise regime I had hoped for.

As I reflected in musings - time is slipping, I'm catching my breath after a busy last 4 weeks but I still have 6 weeks till grad and lots to do! I do have somewhat of a seasonal job and it changes drastically come May. I'm looking forward to the change even though I will miss teaching weekly. I have a few moments of teaching & team-building opportunities but I'm somewhat hesitant in filling the time up with extra work projects with the baby on the way.

I also want to make sure my evenings and weekends are more open than they've been these last 6 months. It is definitely time to prioritize & reevaluate how I'm utilizing time. Exploring play has always been a part of my lifestyle but it hasn't felt in the right place as of yet. My girls are growing up fast and I want to make sure I pass on my love for the outdoors, for exercise & sport, on to them as well! With Wendy being pregnant, it has also limited the amount of time we normally spend together doing outdoorsy stuff as well unfortunately and I'm looking forward to this summer so that together we can explore play again as well!

No comments: