Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Starbucks Journals - Final Episode 03.08.06

Life is too short to not pursue one's dreams. Sometimes we forget those aspirations in the midst of the busyness of our lives; our imagination goes flat and falls into atrophy. We need to keep being in wonder and in play. I can't say I have any legitimate regrets in response to things I've done over the years. I've accomplished a lot of my life goals and quite honestly am at a point where i need to create new ones as a result - that's pretty wild! In fact, I have done more and experienced life more fully than I ever thought I would as an adolescent. But just because I have led a full life means that I am satisfied and can hang up my Indiana Jones hat. There are som many more places left to explore and new dreams to dream. As my pen writes this garbled script of letters and words, I cannot help but thank my Creator for allowing me to be creative in all that I do!

Education - the pursuit of wisdom, understanding, & knowledge. They are the three peaks that as a guide I am encouraging my students to climb and pursue. The three are inexplicably linked together and to pursue only one is simply not enough. I know people who are masters of memorization and store incredible facts in there brains but that knowledge is of no value without understanding. Wisdom is knowing what to do with that knowledge and understanding, making right decisions at the right time. All three unique but incomplete with the other - sort of like love, hope, & faith.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder the poets say. The feeling of being apart from those you love clearly is not easy. I feel like getting in my rental van and driving how as I sit here missing home, my wife and daughters. We belong together. It's better when we are together in the words of Jack Johnson:
"Love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. Why are we here and where do we go and how come it's so hard? It's not always easy and sometimes life can be deceiving. I'll tell you one thing it's always better when we're together."
Tomorrow I'm no longer homeless and yes it will be better to be together!

No comments: