Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Exploring Some Recent Pictures


A recent March Snowstorm left the family cottage under some serious snow!

Aimee loves her Papa (Grandpa)

I came home to Chelsea's Birthday greeting to me on March 9th!

A Nuthatch resting on a snowladen branch at Star Lake

Daddy (yours truly) & Chelsea after an epic snowmobile tour to Falcon Lake!

Our Quinzhee that remains relatively unmelted in our backyard!

Aimee exploring her snowprints on our back deck.

Animals - as our daughter Aimee gets excited about at the cottage!

I tried to capture the backlighting of the sun on this lonely perched squirrel

I managed to capture the unique coloring of this yet unidentified golden bird. Any aspiring ornithologists want to take a guess at what this bird is?

2 comments:

Dave said...

Nice pics Garth! We don't have half that much snow here in the Toronto area. In fact, we're having a very early spring here. Our first winter in Canada, and it's been the warmest winter we've had yet. Go figure.

I have no idea waht kind of bird it is, kinda looks like it's related to the finch family, but not really. Good luck identifying it. Maybe get Merv to take a look, he might know.

Garth said...

Well - I think I figured out the bird. A female Pine Grosbeak which would be in the finch family. Of have some shots of the male variety as well which is much more colorful and rather bold pink color. I have a few shots of them on my musings site back in January.

I actually saw Merv not that long ago at a baby dedication for Garth & Tracy's youngest at Red Rock. Good to see the friendly giant again!