Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Triking Parkview Crescent...

What is it about bikes, trikes & kids? There is something freeing & empowering about self-propelled transportation isn't there? With our infrequent tastes of warm weather this summer & fall - I've tried to take advantage of our opportunities to enjoy it by taking my daughter out for short spins on our crescent and the cul de sac down Parkview.

Chelsea like her dad loves speeding and the thrill of the chase or being in hot pursuit! Awhile back we made figure eights with our wheels by driving strategically through some puddles and thus transforming our rubber tires into paint brushes!

One of her newfound tricks is to drive with only one pedal or to ramp up onto the curb with one of her wheels. She has tipped a few times but generally this has not resulted in tears - only a little frustration. In mountain biking - the guys I ride with frequently comment that unless there is some blood loss - we haven't been pushing limits. Although there is truth to that statement - I want to limit that when it comes to raising a daughter.

Another recent interest of Chelsea is squishing crickets with her front wheel - not sure why the delight or why the hatred of a pretty harmless bug? I have so far refrained from going over the top environmental on her but perhaps I should intervene? Any thoughts out there? Hmmm - ironically I think I hear crickets...

No comments: