Saturday, October 09, 2004

Thanksgiving

We've been blessed with some summer-like weather this weekend and our family has taken advantage of it! I took Chelsea to my dad & brother's farm today to take a ride on the John Deere Combine. She enjoyed steering the $300,000 gobbler of grain and even was brave enough to take a pee on the field due to the obvious lack of bathroom facilities.

We had a bountiful thanksgiving feast for lunch at my Mom & Dad's complete with turkey and all the dressings! And of course pie for dessert! And for supper we went to my Grandma Loewen's for a variety of soups & breads and again pie for dessert! I have always enjoyed autumn - I actually like the mix of cool & warm days, mountain biking without mosquitoes (although they were out today with the 25 degree C weather!), & the colors & crunch of leaves.

There is much to be thankful for - my lovely two daughters Chelsea & Aimee, my beautiful wife Wendy, a teaching job that I enjoy (even if I am overworked?), a great church family to be a part of, a secure & inviting house, the list goes on...

G

No comments: