Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Futures

I heard the new Jimmy Eat World Futures cd today and was impressed. I believe it came out yesterday - sounds more like their Clarity album and will be on my "to buy" list. Still looking forward to U2's latest offering which will arrive November...

Ironically, I heard the new Jimmy album from some of my students in my Psalms class. I think they are impressed that I actually listen to some of "their" music - even though I'm guessing i was listening to the band prior to their exposure. I keep bringing music as an offering to them as well in my class - exposing them to greats such as Dylan, Cash, Cockburn, Knott, and of course U2.

1 comment:

Garth said...

Well - I added "Futures" to my music collection this past week. It seems to be closer to their Clarity album than Bleed American which most people feel is a good thing. I have to admit though my favorite all-time song from Jimmy is still from the "Bleed American" album - "The Middle". Probably because it has a heavily influenced U2 sound with a dash of Foo Fighters to it. But we'll see what favorites will emerge from "Futures" as I listen to it some more!