Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Modules

Well module one is almost complete - exam this Friday! The course Interpersonal Processes has been a challenge but overall I think been a success. I have determined that sociology is a field that for me personally is more difficult to teach in. I'm more of a philosophy prof but it is good to be stretched. It may have been also the simple fact that it is much harder to teach 35 students as opposed to my normal sized classes of 15-20. Add to that some increased stresses due to an addition to our family, increased responsiblities in leadership with our church, & man do I miss mountain biking more than once a week.

Next course - I leave sociology for biblical studies (another stretch for me) - The Psalms! Together with my 17 students we will explore conversations with God (my tagline for the course). Another route to go would be Life of David but seeing as David clearly was not the only author it would not accurate enough for my details students. Although we will spend several lectures on the character of David and how he reflects best how we actually should communicate with God - honestly and without restraint. You are mad at God - tell him. You love your life - tell him.

This next module will go by quickly - I teach double blocks and for a solid three weeks as opposed to the regular 6. It will be tough but hopefully we'll all survive!

Professor G

No comments: