Sunday, December 03, 2006

Skiing to Stay Fit

So obviously my mountain bike season has "frozen" to the point of no hope for a big thaw...so that leaves me with few exercise options to maintain my fitness. Cross-country skiing definitely isn't as edgy or inspiring as rocketing down a hill on two wheels but it still can be fun. But admittedly, it takes a heck of lot more motivation to actually make the trip to Sandilands to ski. Once I'm there it generally is all good but these temps we've been having have definitely made it tougher to be excited. I admit it - I am more of a -5 to -10 skier - the whole arctic tundra -30 thing just doesn't do it for me. Anyone out there who would care to inspire me to stay fit this winter>>>?

So yeah - I need someone to kick me in my butt to get back into physical exercise!!! The Bowflex routine starts this Monday and I may retake up swimming i guess. We can ski locally at the golf-course that is a mere 1/2 km away from my backyard which is nice but no real hills unfortunately. Oh and I may take up spinning if I can justify buying one of those trainer machines for my bike. Anywhoos - I better get back to exam review & closing lecture prep.

2 comments:

Keira said...

I'd love to ski with you but you always seem to leave me in the dust . . .

Garth said...

Hey you can always catch up when I take photos of nature near Star Lake. Everyone has their own pace - mine just happens to be fast! I bore myself if I stand still too long - and when I'm given wheels or skis or skates - I need to be in motion!