Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

In similar fashion to my musings blog, I've decided to post a collage of memories of our 2006 but this time in full-on colour! We haven't done much today other than read the Christmas story, opened a few presents for the kids, and had some delicious home-made waffles for lunch. Aims & Chels both seem to be pretty pumped about there gifts! We actually went second-hand with some stuff and opted for more practical gifts like books! But we did grace Aims with a doll or two! Cornish hens are on the menu for supper - it has been our tradition for the past ten years - turkeys just make you sleepy and who wants turkey sandwiches for the next month?

Chels & I may go tobogganing later - we'll see! I spent part of the afternoon putting together a playlist for my iPod shuffle which found its way into my stocking courtesy of my lovely wife. She in turn got a surprise of the practical gift of new pots and pans in the colour scheme of our kitchen - deep red! And yes - we've exchanged plenty of chocolate!!! I get the dark stuff - she get's the milky kind!

UPDATE: The hens were great - two were spiced by yours truly and second pair had a neat boysenberry rub...served with mashed potatoes, gravy, & veggies. Yep - the family went sledding on the big hill! It was a little breezy but the temperature was great. Both girls had a blast with dad and mom watched us from on top!

No comments: