Friday, September 08, 2006

More Fall Riding

Well - although college officially began this week, I managed to get a couple rides in. One on my newly refurbished mtn bike and the other on Pat's road bike - which I have for the weekend while he enjoys a bike dealer convention in Montreal. It turns out my Rock Shox Recon now has the guts of a Reba - meaning that it is now dual air as opposed to solo. What does that end up doing for my ride - its even cushier and more responsive! Gotta love warranty!

Pat's road bike is a fairly aggresive race machine - I think I still prefer the Norco's geometry that I've borrowed out of his store. It somehow fits me a bit better - but his bike is light! I'm not sure how kms I put on after work today but my guess is about 25 or so. Just a nice light ride to work out the stress. I also had my riding shoe repaired - I wiped out and tore a defect in the shoe a few weeks ago and my foot is still feeling the effects.

My mtn bike ride earlier in the week turned out to be partially in the dark - thanks to us pushing it and cloudy, cool weather.


I'm loving the Suicide trails - big hills, some insane descents (complete with wash-outs & little drops), and tight winding singletrack through trees. It is hard to believe I live in the flatlands of Manitoba when I'm out there - the views are so impressive as we ride along this one ridge. We are probably about 150 feet up from the valley trail that winds below and parallels the singletrack that winds it way through.


I hope to get a ride or two in on the weekend - maybe on Monday afternoon! We'll see - I still have too much prep to do for next week's classes.

A shot of a tire in motion...

No comments: