Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labour Day Weekend

For the past four years - the labour day weekend means that the summer is over and its' back to teaching. I'm in the office for much of August but it generally is pretty relaxed without students or papers to mark or lectures to prep. Tomorrow classes begin - although my first class is slated for Thursday so I get an additional day to tweak what I want to teach. I woke up at 6am today and didn't bother going back to bed, instead driving to work and doing some minor adjustments to my already well-modified syllabi.

This past weekend was somewhat refreshing, I got a little riding in (on my wife's bike) and extended my mtn bike trail that is in development. I did some geo-caching with my Dad & my daughter Chelsea to some abandoned goldmines that my parents discovered awhile back. Picked up a souvenier of some core samples of granite that were used to search for veins of gold I'm assuming. I picked up a rock that appears to have a gold fleck imbedded in it as well.

The weather continued to be amazing as it has all summer...it was blazing hot again today! Hard to believe we are nearing fall but the ferns are already wilting and I've noticed some leaves change as well.

G

No comments: