Friday, September 29, 2006

Fall Riding Continues...

We've really tried to take advantage of the incredible autumn conditions for biking this September and hope to as well for October! I got another couple rides in this week in the Sandilands. The first was early in the week in the afternoon - amazing weather! Jason & I had a nice fast ride - averaging around 15km/hour on the black trail & singletrack around a clearcut section...I think it is about 17kms or so of a loop. Fast & fun!


Autumn's trails are the best! A pic of me navigating my way through...


Here's a shot of Jason from Monday as well...

And then tonight - Pat, Jason & yours truly went for a great night ride. Cooler conditions but we had to peel off layers and the night continued. We did the red pine trail - everything is a bit more technical at night and the result often is some close calls. The lights worked great but I forgot my helmet light and so stuck a headlamp under my helmet which was bright enough but a bit uncomfortable.



Lots of marking ahead of me tonight and so I better get back at it!

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Looks like a blast -- such a great time of year to ride, and the trail looks fantastic.

Garth said...

It is...very cool that I can take advantage of Monday afternoons with a couple of my riding buddies...Pat has Mondays off, Jason takes his Monday afternoons off, and I just take off between two classes and somehow get a ride in there before I'm back at work...it's worked out really well. How's your riding going?