Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Current Ear Candy

The summer rolls along - yikes July is almost over! New tunes I've been listening to include an album entitled You Can't Trust A Ladder by a new band called The Myriad album produced by Aaron Marsh of Copeland. They are definitely in the vein of radiohead but have a sound all their own - shoe gazerish euro rock (think radiohead meets muse meets keane).

A female vocalist whose voice I've come to love is Anna Nalick (recently touring with The Wallflowers). I first heard her on an episode of Joan of Arcadia (I still am disappointed that series has come to an end - one of the few intelligent shows on TV). Her album is entitled Wreck of the Day and is well worth the purchase if you like artists like Chantal Kreviazuk or Sarah Mclachlan.

Apparently Stryper has released a new album appropriately entitled Reborn. I've heard a number of the tracks and they definitely are talented musicians still. They seem to have a little more of an edge to them which I think is a good thing - seem to continue in direction of their last album Against The Law.

Hmmm - what else I can't believe i've crossed so many genres above - shows you what a diverse listener I am. Oh - I really like some of Razorlight's songs - they have a great sound.

G

2 comments:

Jaime said...

My 2 favourite summer CDs this year are also very different genres: Ryan Adams "Rock n' Roll" and the Killers "Hot Fuss". It's funny because my summer and winter music moods are very different, and often I wonder if I would listen to these CDs in the winter months. Time will tell! In the mean time, I am enjoying our fabulous summer weather - minus the harsh rain storms!

Garth said...

The Killers definitely are a hot band right now and Ryan Adams is so eclectic - all over the map musically - hard to pin the guy down. I really like "So Alive" - great tune! First time I heard the Killer's "Somebody Told Me" I was like wow! this band is so eighties!!! but in a good way - ya know? Lyrically it's catchy but a little warped...

Hey another recommend is the band Nickelcreek - not sure if you have heard them - probably fit the americana with a touch of bluegrass genre. They have a new album out soon that I've heard - amazing musicianship!

G