Sunday, July 24, 2005

Vive le Tour! Forever!

Hey explore play'ers - cycling is worth exploring!

I know it's no surprise but I had to post a congrats to Lance on his seventh and final Tour win in Paris! Admittedly, I got into road cycling as a fan only after his third win five years ago but every year the sport has grown on me to the point I've never been closer to buying a road bike. In many ways - it is a way more extreme sport than my passion of cross-country mtn biking. The high speeds and dicey conditions that these guys endure is simply amazing. And Lance - a year older than yours truly - at 33 definitely proved he was a class athlete who definitely deserved his final win!

I thought it was both appropriate and cool that Lance brought up his kids to the podium to receive his final yellow jersey. His gushing girlfriend Sheryl seemed to be quite emotional about it all - I'm hoping her next album due this fall will reflect some of that passion the two share in their respective callings.

So Lance - cheers on the seventh win!

No comments: