Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Musings on Rockstar: INXS

Anyone else been impressed with INXS's band auditions on CBS? The musicianship totally blows away American Idol from my perspective. And my homeland of Canada is well represented - as it should! I really like Deanna Johnston the Kingston, Ontario girl - powerful voice! She will go places methinks! Fellow Canadian Suzie McNeil did a great job tonight with Superstition. Male vocals - I really like the Aussie Mig's contributions...we'll see what happens. Marty Casey did a great job of Nirvana's Lithium and definitely has great stage presence.

G

3 comments:

Jaime said...

When I can, I also have been watching Rockstar:INXS, and so far have been VERY impressed with the talent pool. However, I do find myself disagreeing a bit with the band member comments at times - and also left wondering how they picked Dave Navarro as the celebrity judge?!?! Overall, I do have my favourites I have been cheering for - mainly the one girl with the crazy dreadlocks (can't recall names at this point). Makes me want to be a rockstar all over again!

Garth said...

So you were a rockstar too? My claim to fame was my band (the ditchflowers) being interviewed on Much Music after a gig at Winnipeg's West End Cultural Centre! We had a pretty unique sound for 95-96' - sort of a folky Smashing Pumpkins meets Toad The Wet Sprocket sound with a female lead singer!

G

Jaime said...

The West End was such a good venue for up and coming artists. I don't hear much about it these days - as I think the coffee house venue seems to be more popular these days. Kudos on your MuchMusic fame! That must have been quite a thrill!