Saturday, April 09, 2005

mtn bike season!

Well - I hit the trails once again with my trusty mtn bike! Together with my wife Wendy & our friends Pat & Dar - we managed to escape for a good hour and 1/2 ride in the Sandilands. It felt good again to wind through the treed singletrack but unfortunately my lungs haven't caught up to my legs when it came to some of the climbs. Oh to be back in shape like last fall!

I managed to come up with a kayaking paddle exercise with my bowflex that hopefully will assist in getting my in shape for my North Carolina escape in less than two weeks. My theory is that with added resistance - it will take less time for my arms, chest, back and abs to get ready for ninja strokes on the surf waves.

G

2 comments:

R. said...

I can relate to the feeling of being out of shape. I am huffing and puffing up those hills!

Garth said...

Hopefully - it won't take long to get back to where I was. I is going to mean some pain & sore muscles this spring.

G