Friday, April 22, 2005

Day Two: April 22, 2005 Medeba, Ontario

It's been good to back at camp and get acquainted with this year's LDP and to reconnect with staff & friends. I took a tour of the site to see the changes since my last visit including the ice-climbing tower, new climbing wall, & addition of an amazing dual zip-line as part of their high ropes course. It was good to spend some time with my good friend Mandy who has joined the LDP leadership team. I managed to repack my gear, including some supplies courtesy of Medeba and pick out a kayak & bike for my time down south with the LDP. My role will be one of guest instructor/mentor/fellow explorer and I'm looking forward to repaddling some of the classic whitewater rivers I last paddled six years ago. I'm also excited about biking at Tsali and other great mountain bike trail areas. Tomorrow we leave!

G

Example

No comments: