Monday, October 22, 2007

Outdoor Education

One of the courses I get to teach in college is outdoor education and admittedly it is one of my favorites as it allows me and my students to escape outside. We did exactly that this past Friday for an overnight camp out in some potentially cold conditions. Four of my students wanted to try out a survival shelter for night constructed of sticks & a tarp, the rest put up tents, and they all survived the experience. Next week we head off to Red Rock for three days of skills training and some other cool activities are planned including meeting some local trappers.

I also managed to escape with JP & Pat for a mtn bike run Sunday from the Sandilands ranger station, red trail, suicide trail and back - I'm guessing we put on about 14kms but my odometer & speedometer stopped working again. Weather is looking good this week and so I'm hoping for more riding but I'm also not wanting to get too busy after last week's insanity.

No comments: