Monday, July 09, 2007

New 7 Wonders of the World

(CNN) "The new seven wonders of the world were named Saturday following an online vote that generated server-crushing traffic in its final hours. The final tally produced this list of the world's top human-built wonders:

• The Great Wall of China

• Petra in Jordan

• Brazil's statue of Christ the Redeemer

• Peru's Machu Picchu

• Mexico's Chichen Itza pyramid

• The Colosseum in Rome

• India's Taj Mahal

Before the vote ended Friday, organizers said more than 90 million votes had been cast for 21 sites."
I've been to one of them - Mexico's Chichen Itza, so apparently i have some traveling to do if I want to see them all. Machu Picchu is definitely on my to do list & I was so close to going to Petra when I was in Israel. Still need to see the only remaining Ancient 7 wonders of the World - the Pyramids of Giza.

No comments: