Saturday, July 07, 2007

Nature Pics from Long Weekend

A random collection of pics from the last few weeks - most from Star Lake and a few from home.
My flower-collecting daughter Chelsea.
I'm really bad at remember names of plants but amazing colors that just pop like fireworks beside the busy bee hunting for pollen.
I have no idea how old this can is but finding litter like this in the park after so many years is a little disturbing - so I changed it into art.
I liked how the sunlight caught this wild grass - interesting greens & oranges.
Using the same light as the shot above only with daisies - playing with the lines of the stems somewhat to.Another daisy shot with a special guest using it as a landing strip.
Sunsets at Star Lake are never dull it seems - great time to play with the camera!
A shot taken after a T-storm from the park behind our place - some cool clouds!
A closer look at those wacky X-File'ish clouds - a flying saucer would look perfectly normal with that apocalyptic skyscape.
An alien-looking caterpillar taking strides up grass - extreme sports perhaps?
Another great Star Lake sunset...
I picked some daisies and threw them in the lake to play with my camera during a sunset and this is one of the results...a little surreal & yes pretty artsy - no apologies!
Another shot utilizing the floating daisies - no tripod - used the dock which due to all the rains is almost the same level as the dock.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Great set -- lots of beauties here. I loved the first daisy one and the x-files clouds.

Keira said...

That daisy looks like it's melting into a sheet of plastic . . . how odd! These are great photos. I never thought about the beak problem with ducks but I'd say your shots get the glimmer of the eyes quite focused - good job.