Friday, May 25, 2007

Escape: Mtn Bike

For whatever the reason - it has been hard to get away this past week and do any significant riding. In part it has been rainy & cold - but I'm not really that much of a suck. It has taken awhile to get used to the three kid thing - I definitely don't want to just leave Wendy alone and so it's worked out that my escapes have to be somewhat coordinated. I took advantage of one today and put on about 15kms in the Sandilands on a cool ridge (yet to be named) near Suicide Hill. I did some exploring of a newer trail which I really enjoyed. I got back and decided to do a quick 10kms on the road bike - I'm wearing the gear anyways...and the forecast is for rainy cold weather tomorrow. We actually had some sun and it felt like 12-15 degrees out but it has already cooled off. Well - i better check on supper!

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

Amazing that you're getting out on the bike at all with a new little one and gloomy, wet weather. Cold and wet is not much fun, even with good gear.

It's been blasting hot (mid-30s)here for a week, and today we got blissful rain -- seemed miraculous that water could fall out of the sky. It was still high-20s, so the rain felt great on my lunchtime ride.

Garth said...

hey I'm counting my blessings that my wife actually sends me out the door with a kick in the butt to go riding! She knows how cranky I get if I don't get some mountain bike action!

Jeremy said...

ha haha...we're both lucky (well, we did some choosing, I suppose) to have wives who recognize that reality.