Saturday, February 11, 2006

Valentine's Gig


A few friends from our music team from church played a Valentine's Gig this Saturday. It was a lot of fun playing some island-type tunes in a well-decorated venue. The singer Isi Masi is originally from Fiji while myself and Josh our drummer and Isi's wife Tessa are clearly Canadian.

We played a couple 20 minute sets: Jack Johnson's Better Together, Los Lonely Boy's Heaven, Hot Hot Hot, John Mayer's version of The Police's Message In A Bottle, and a number of island tunes - including an Elvis song, etc.

We had some excellent audience participation during one of the Fijian numbers and a great evening with friends over desserts, appetizers & frothy cappuccinos! My fingers are a touch sore from playing some of the faster tunes - I guess I'm a little out of shape from my club-playing days.

No comments: