Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Floored

Okay - I have yet to post a really profound post as we are all caught up in this whole "building a house" and "moving" thing!

Well, the good news is that the hardwood laminate flooring is in! Thanx' to my feeble efforts, my dad, brother Kyle & bro-in-law Rolf it is looking pretty good. Admittedly there are a few flaws and we had a few set-backs due to all the corners in our kitchen but all in all - I'm pretty impressed. I have come to the conclusion thought that ideally laminate flooring should be installed in a normal square room - at least when it comes to speed and ease of installation. The warm montpelier maple flooring looks great in contrast to our natural maple cabinets.

Oh - the bad news was that I installed flooring on our anniversary! And we ended up not doing much that evening other than chatting the night away discussing all those details that need to get done this week. We will do something once we are all moved into the pad to actually celebrate our 8 years together.

Chelsea has been acting up before bed for two nights now - not sure if she has moving jitters too but it definitely hasn't made our evenings very relaxing. She is a sweety and for the most part an angel but occasionally she definitely is a two-year old!

Well, I should be packing up more stuff...

Later,

G

No comments: