Friday, November 04, 2005

Spooky Night Ride!

Pat and I hit a new trail last night! It was almost surreal winding down and up a rolling trail in complete darkness. We keep finding new trail but it is somewhat spooky weaving through red pine stands watching the lights of our bikes create weird strobe like shadows. It was also mysteriously quiet last night because of the low cloud cover that was threatening rain or maybe flurries. Every sound seemed muffled and as unnatural as it is to ride at night! Once again we found an end to a trail but discovered a new one shortly thereafter. It has been a couple of amazing months of discovery of kilometers and kilometers of new trail - my guess is that we have found close to 50 kms (if not more) of virgin singletrack thanks to some motorized dirtriders who had the ambition to take their dirtbikes through bush!

I'm still awaiting news on my frame and thankfully my friend has allowed me to keep his bike for another week. I wish I had some pics from last night but the cool weather and threat of rain discouraged me from bringing the IstD along.

Later,

G

No comments: