Monday, June 11, 2007

Star Lake Weekend

Here are some experimental shots from last weekend - hopefully I'll have some more time to do some more this weekend. The shot below is of some "lady slippers"? at sunset just after we arrived at Star Lake. I lit up the flowers with my flash from the front and of course the sunset lit up the subject from behind somewhat.One of our "projects" was to remove a few dead or dying trees and set up a play structure for the kids. This an experiment in motion utilizing Aimee as my reference...turned out kind of surreal!
We have a bizarre pine tree seedling that thinks it is a flower or something? I took a shot of it from directly above and I think I used a flash on it.
Playing with light in the underbrush near the edge of our property - utilized natural lighting & shadows provided by the sun & the presence of some tall trees nearby.
Added a little motion to the shot and I bumped up the saturation somewhat...kinda artsy but fun.

No comments: