Monday, June 04, 2007

Red Rock Reunion & Quick Escape on Monday

It was great to be back at Red Rock on Sunday - I don't get out there as much as I used to other than for staff-training in July. We decided to go for the day and got there to join their chapel service at 11. It was in part to celebrate the cyclathon but also from 3pm on was an alumni reunion. It was good to see some former campers (later on staff) - especially my mountain bike/out-trip campers! Also some CIT's that Wendy & I directed, along with the CIT counselors from Summer of 99. The girls had a blast down at the beach even though we'd forgotten to bring swimsuits. We just let them play in the water with what they were wearing and I think it made it more exciting. Zach did awesome and seemed to enjoy being handed off from female to female. It was his first significant road trip other than to Winnipeg - I can't imagine us having that mobile after three weeks with our first two. Back then we basically stayed in our house for a month.

Monday, I had my first conflict management class which I'm auditing at a graduate level - it should make my interpersonal processes class even more substantial. Then I escaped for a good but short mtn bike excursion with Pat & Paul - 9.8kms on the Suicide Ridge trail system. We explored that extra loop that I found a few weeks ago and found some pretty steep ascents/descents that made for some whoops & hollers & a few wipeouts. Lots of ticks though - although for some reason I didn't have a lot - helps to stay on the track.

No comments: