Thursday, March 24, 2005

Musing on the latest Music

I went a little hogwild with my cd purchases today but I don't get to escape too often from the office I suppose. The latest Moby double cd is a masterpiece called Hotel - I am still digesting it but wow! Explosions In The Sky are the main band for the soundtrack to Friday Night Lights (a fantastic movie that explores the highs and lows of the sport of high school football) and I totally fell in love with this instrumental band while watching the movie. Well worth the purchase and listen!!! And you can't go wrong with the soulful croonings of the Blind Boys of Alabama! I really enjoyed Ben Harper's teaming up with the Blind Boys on There Will Be A Light but 2005's Atom Bomb prooves to be an interesting listen as well - best version of Spirit In The Sky yet!

Still waiting for Coldplay's latest and hoping to find some tickets to a U2 show (maybe Minneapolis or Toronto) - we'll see!

G

2 comments:

Rosster said...

I also thought the cinematography in Friday Night Lights was spectacular....very cool camera angles and effects !!
I will check out that band who does
the soundtrack.

Garth said...

very true D - a great movie and worth the view or even purchase!

G