Sunday, March 09, 2008

Time

Amazing how fast time flies when you are doing the things you love to do and how slowly the clock ticks when you find something monotonous or upsetting. My sixth year of college teaching is winding up and I'm in awe how fast things have gone. Wendy and I have three children who we dearly love and treasure - and they too are growing up so fast. Zachary is nearing that moment of walking - our baby will become a toddler. Chelsea & Aimee are both enjoying their transitions into kindergarten & preschool.

My birthday is today - March 9th. You blink and ten years whirs by eh? But I have very few regrets as I've lived a full life and want to continue to live in such a way. My heart for teaching continues to grow and I'm really struggling with seeing another group of students graduate. It is a bit like the "empty nest" syndrome that I experience every May. I hope my trip to Thailand with our church will off-set that a bit as I dive into another opportunity to challenge young adults - this time in a completely foreign culture.

Time has certainly past when I first met Wendy in our days at college & more meaningfully at camp. It twas' the God's Creation that put our two paths together, the stars, the dancing lights of Aurora Borealis, the reflection of it all in glassy waters. From the nervousness of new relationship to the warm comfort of being together for so long - it truly has been a miracle & so worth celebrating.

We've shared so many adventures together from traveling to the Caribbean, to Africa, to Costa Rica, and perhaps beyond in the future. From our time spent at Medeba exploring adventure sports & our leadership skills to building a home here in Manitoba - all of it has been stretching and rewarding. I'm in the midst of dreaming about sabbatical - a few years away and wondering where we'll be in the future. I know that I'll blink and our kids will be high school & exploring their own futures beyond our home. I hope I can still say "what a ride, what a ride!" and thank God for every minute I've had.

No comments: