Sunday, April 23, 2006

Smashing News

Okay, admittedly I'm a little bit skeptical this will happen but apparently:
It's official, The Smashing Pumpkins are currently writing songs for their upcoming album, their first since 2000. no release date has yet been set, but the band plans to begin recording this summer.
I hope they continue at least in the direction they left off rather than Corgan's solo album which left something to be desired. I enjoyed Zwan though - musically and lyrically! I'm crossing my fingers with this one.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Has there been any word of the original members reuniting besides Jimmy Chamberlain? Last I heard both James Iha, D'arcy and even Melissa Auf Der Maur were no-gos?? Quite exciting nonetheless!!

Garth said...

It is all rumor and speculation for now. Melissa said she'd love to be a part of it but that's all I've heard. Billy is an amazing musician but he can be a little wacky sometimes, so who knows!