Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Blog Lull

Spring is in the air complete with some 20 degree C days! Which results in you guessed it - a lack of posts at musings or explore play. I'm also insanely busy with marking and other end-of-the-college year stuff. I should note that Wendy and I have put some money down on a trip to Costa Rica to celebrate our ten year anniversary! We are very excited about it all - as we will be doing some paddling, biking, canyoneering, surfing, etc. as part of the tour. The other exciting option is that we hope to help out or at least visit a local orphanage that our tour company sponsors!

Other news? Hmm...I'm liking my bike and been out riding a bit. I am enjoying a few new bands & music including the The Little Willies (unfortunate name but amazing music thanks to Norah Jones & Co.) which mix country with a touch of jazz & rock, I'm loving Rosie Thomas' If Songs Could Be Held - she has an incredible voice and apparently friends with Sufjan Stevens, Snow Patrol's latest offering Eyes Open is very differently produced from previous efforts and I personally like where they've gone (note: to be released May 9), Kings of Convenience is still spinning in my cd tray - Riot On An Empty Street is just so sweet & rich with harmonies and reminds me of a modern day Simon & Garfunkle, the Shout Out Loud's Howl Howl Gaff Gaff is just all out punk-inspired fun, hmmm - I could continue...

Anywhoos - Easter is around the corner and supper is calling right now! Or at least my daughter Chelsea is calling me to supper! Sorry for the lull in posting but tis' the season of spring!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

When is the Costa Rica Trip planned for??

Garth said...

Middle of June - right over our anniversary! Yeah its all coming together and we are super excited, especially about the adventure component (and getting away from it all).

Jaime said...

TONS of Ecotourism things to do there!!! I learnt about it a lot this term, as my instructor went there a few years back. You two will have an amazing time no doubt! Take tons of pics! :)

Garth said...

Yeah we are very much looking forward to our time Costa Rica - admittedly doing the countdown. I just bought a couple 2 Gig cards to capture those memories digitally on our SLR & Point?Shoot Cameras. We are doing the whole adventure sport thing as we both have a background in teaching a variety of outdoor sports at a camp we used to be involved with - Medeba.