Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Print More Digital Pics

Oh the joys and challenges of digital photography! I miss the smell of negative film...weird eh? I finally printed 120 pictures from this past year of going digital. I have 880 pictures to go yet but I'm going to pick through rather than just print them all. I would strongly encourage anyone out there to always save back-ups of your digital shots - you never know when a hard-drive can crash! I save my new pics every month on dvdr or cdr. Anyone else struggle with printing out their digital pics? On my 43 Things page, it's one of the 43 things I'd like to accomplish!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Funny, printing more digital pictures is on my 43 Things list as well! It's something I have struggled with ever since I got my first digital camera almost 3 years ago. I've only printed once since I got it!! But I have literally over 1000 pictures at least. I guess I don't find a need considering I look at them a lot on my computer. But I would really love to get back in the habit of printing and making my photo albums.

Garth said...

I used to have a rule of not letting anyone look at my prints till they were in a photo album...now the mystery is all gone! Download them on to the hard-drive and instant slide show! I think the secret is to get a end-of-the-month must print by date. I know make sure all my new digital pics are stored in a folder that is entitled by the month they were taken - keeps me much more organized!

Jaime said...

Ah...good plan. I usually just organize my pics based on topic..but the month thing is a very good idea! I may just steal that one from ya! :)

Garth said...

If I have a special trip or activity - I make a subfolder within a month - so for instance January 2006 also has a Green Bay Trip Folder. All the best with organizing - I'm really not normally that organized but I'm definitely a perfectionist when it comes to photos & music...