Saturday, January 21, 2006

More Music

I spoke of being a little restless in my explore play blog. I discovered a reggae artist that may help with that escape to warmer places - Matisyahu. Bob Marley meets a Hasidic Jew - pretty wild stuff and he has a new album entitled Youth coming out in March . Apparently POD has Matis as a guest vocalist on a couple of their new songs on Testify coming out later this month. Speaking of reggae - I bought a cd by the Thievery Corporation which I've come to enjoy as well - The Cosmic Game. I guess I'm into kind of eclectic atmospheric stuff right now. I've had a recent interest in the video format of music again thanks to some wild videos that I check daily at Relevant Videos. Regina Spektor - Us is worth checking out...interesting music (classical meets folk rock?), Sigur Ros - Takk has some fascinating songs and videos, Kings of Convenience - Riot On An Empty Street reminds me of a modern day Simon & Garfunkle, and I'm really loving all of Coldplay's latest video releases.

No comments: