Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Time For Change

Every now and then we need to make changes. It is something that is not escapable - in order to grow in any way we simply need to change. Every culture I've been exposed to has changed me in some way. It has made me more aware of my cultural understandings ; both the good and the bad.

Why do we fear change? Because sometimes change hurts. Deconstruction of ones' belief system is not an easy process. It is sort of like renovating a house. Somethings will need to be torn down before they can be rebuilt. It doesn't mean you have to throw everything away but you may have to set aside some things temporarily before you can reconstruct it. My understanding of God has changed many times over my life and I expect this will continue. My understanding of relationships with friends likewise has changed over time. When I reflect over the past ten years of marriage, I realize quickly that my understanding of love was very different than it is now.

What spurred on this thought of change? Well, I made some changes to my template and ended up erasing some things that I will have to rebuild. And that's okay! Change is good but it isn't always easy.

No comments: