Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Mountain Bike Curacao?

One of my favorite spots in this planet that I've visited are two of the ABC Islands (link that compares the three) - Aruba & Bonaire. Both are amazing SCUBA diving spots and have a very different culture than most Caribbean islands - as they are Dutch! I claim my Dutch heritage as a Von Riesen (Friesen) and have always cheered on Dutch athletes - particularly in the area of football (soccer) or cycling! Anywhoos - the third island (and of the five islands that make up the Netherlands Antilles) that I've never explored is Curacao. And apparently has a well-developed mountain biking trail designed for a 2006 World Cup race this past April. Interestingly, that race was won by one of my favorite riders - Bart Brentjens from the Netherlands. So I'm thinking about exploring the possiblity of visiting this island for some diving & mtn biking some time in the near future. Anyone else out there interested in doing some cycling on a tropical island?

1 comment:

talk said...

hello..blog hopping via blogger while looking for interesting blog titles..and found yours :-) Visit the Philippines and enjoy our islands too..