Sunday, June 11, 2006

Escape to Play

Every now and then everyone needs to run away. I mean escape from the pressures of normal life and dive into something new, foreign, or out ones' comfort zone. I think that's why holidays bring renewed energy - we were meant to experience a full life and not get stuck in the rut of doing the same old same old. Well right now as I type this - I'm in Costa Rica with my lovely wife Wendy celebrating our ten year anniversary - how's that for an escape! We spent the morning and early afternoon on whitewater enjoying the sights of the jungle along the banks of a beautifully blue river of rapids. Shalom in the midst of the chaos of crashing waves. I don't think I've been this relaxed in a long time. No due dates, no papers to mark, and I can read fiction books instead of academic ones. Okay, I admit the squawking parakeets that flew over at 7am this morning will a little annoying but all in all - day one & two have been an amazing escape to play, to rest, to renewal! I'll be in touch - tomorrow we escape to a volcano!

2 comments:

Jaime Lee said...

So glad you are having a blast in Costa Rica! You have successfully made me jealous - already! Cannot wait to see the pics! Have a fantastic adventure.

Garth said...

Hey JL! The weather has been amazing and the adventures continous - amazing day of rappelling down waterfalls and zip-lining through jungle trees - simply breathtaking scenery! Yesterday we cycled down a volcano - I think we went around 70kms in total and arrived back in Turrialba to our B & B! Very cool!

Later,

G