Sunday, July 25, 2004

Le Tour De France!

Lance Armstrong does it again! With his sixth winning race Lance is the undisputed champion of cycling! Yet another yellow jersey and amazingly one of my favorite female musicians Sheryl Crow is his girlfriend. Admittedly - I am a mtn biker and not a roadie but I was impressed by the sport once again this year.

Road cycling in many ways is more dangerous than the so-called extreme sport mountain biking. The speeds these guys hit is outrageous and the climbs simply insane! Their average climb speed is faster than the average speed of a cross country mtn bike race. The race itself is complex with all sorts of
different competitions happening within the actual 3,395km 20 Stage race including king of the mountain and a points winner established by who crosses first over certain checkpoints during a stage. The history of the race is also fascinating!

Here's a quote from
Lance - “I believe that the man who works the hardest is the man who deserves to win.” Very true and it is well known that Lance prepares for his races harder than anyone else. I'm hoping to pick up one the biographies on him sometime. Hopefully he inspires Sheryl Crow to keep making amazing cds too!

Well Lance brought some excitement to our house this Sunday, as it will be a while till my
Packers take up my Sunday Football afternoons!

G

No comments: