Friday, October 17, 2008

Concert Review: Neil Young with special guests Death Cab For Cutie & Everest

Well - another great show at the MTS centre on Oct. 16, 2008. Not as great seats as we had for Sheryl Crow but it was great to have a hometown legend like Neil back in the Peg. I could have done without two opening acts personally - even though I enjoyed Everest's sound (vocals reminded me of Paul Simon) and Death Cab For Cutie were brilliant but better suited as a feature act. Their set was short & sweet with most of my favorites. Here's a review from the Winnipeg Free Press and a few other links here & here.

Here is the setlist for those interested in Neil Young's show - a great mix of grunge-y rockers, some acoustic classics, and everything in between. Highlights for me were Cortez, Cinnamon Girl, Mother Earth, The Needle, Unknown Legend, Heart of Gold, & Old Man. I was hoping for Harvest Moon but was impressed with the great mix of old, in between, & new.

1. Love And Only Love
2. Hey Hey, My My
3. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
4. Powderfinger
5. Spirit Road
6. Cortez The Killer
7. Cinnamon Girl
8. Oh, Lonesome Me
9. Mother Earth
10. The Needle And The Damage Done
11. Unknown Legend
12. Heart Of Gold
13. Old Man
14. Get Back To The Country
15. Just Singing A Song
16. Sea Change
17. When Worlds Collide
18. Cowgirl In The Sand
19. Rockin' In The Free World

Encore:
20. A Day In The Life


No comments: