Thursday, August 02, 2007

Meeting Yogi on Mtn Bike

I decided enough was enough - this heat has killed most of my riding attempts and so I braved the 27 degrees which was considerably cooler than the 35 degrees we've been having lately. I had a great 12 km ride from the Beaver Dam put-in and rode out to Suicide hill and then looped back. Along the way I met up with a medium sized black bear who was as startled as I - and the guy booted off as fast as he could go. Gotta love that hair lifting off the back of the neck - gives an extra kick of adrenaline for a ride and I have to admit got me going to race speed instead of leisurely "smell-the-roses" pace which I sometimes get into after some killer hill-climbing. All in all, a great ride and well-deserved. I did a little riding last weekend at Star Lake but again the heat & humidity just sapped me, and i was pulling Aimee in the Chariot for 7 kms along the Trans Canada trail. I hope to get a couple rides in on the weekend now that our weather is more seasonal...it's cooling off nice for night so maybe evening rides will be on the horizon!

No comments: