Monday, February 26, 2007

Woman of Adventure

Jer posted this link to Adventure Divas (which I took the liberty of borrowing) - a site dedicated to women involved in adventure travel in response to a PBS series which I have yet to see. My first thought was - they should interview my wife - a full-on living adventure diva mom!
My wife Wendy started out as a volleyball jock and a dang good one at that - three-time MVP and I think she got Athlete of the Year once as well in her days of college.
A shot of Wen rappelling down a waterfall in Costa Rica last June!
She met me (at camp) and clearly realized that I am an adventure junkie and I exposed her to a whole new realm of sports. Ironically, she quickly surpassed me in climbing and has enjoyed many of the same adventure sports that I do.
We spent ten months going through a leadership development program at Medeba where we further developed our love of adventure sports and had many opportunities to teach all ages these same sports through outdoor education.
So yeah this little post is a tribute to my wife - full of life & adventure!

2 comments:

Keira said...

Yep, she's pretty cool, that's for sure.

Garth said...

Yeah - she rocks! And kicks my butt with rock-climbing but the water & snow sports I still rule! Woot!